Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Lens differences in photo images

Because I am into photography especially of people, I was interested in this article about how the different lenses created different faces. I knew this happened but wasn't sure exactly what would give the most accurate results. He claims 135mm is closest to the real thing.

The webcam is especially interesting for the possible distortions or sometimes more accurate view. It all depends. Sometimes one wants the distortion. Maybe the secret with the webcam is move back a bit... or maybe not... This particular webcam, from which all these photos came, has more trouble with color but sharpness, I can't complain at all. Getting accurate color is trickier. The color, that I choose to wear, and whether there is sunlight outside make a lot of difference and this is true of photos taken with the Canon Rebel or the Logitech webcam.

Where I want the most accurate possible for any photo (flattering is good but secondary to accurate), it can be a challenge, and this article just affirms what I have believed but have a harder time figuring out how to work around.


hmmmmmm

No comments: