Friday, April 02, 2010

Selkies

Once I opened this blog to search engines, made it public, I had a problem with what I posted that I didn't feel when I was posting things only for friends. It's the question of nudity in art. How do I avoid feeling someone will come here and feel upset at the nudity that they weren't expecting, even though I have it in the banner. If the first image is nude, then the banner won't help much.

So I guess the solution is to write something ahead of such posts, a bit of a warning, maybe a series of dots before the image shows up, so that those who do not want to see bare breasts, or whatever, can leave quickly. I could also start another private blog but that would put me back where I was with wondering why the heck I had it.

Although there are no myths about selkies along the Oregon Coast where I saw these seals, I thought why not? And if there was one... or several, maybe all four of these on the rock, what would the selkie look like when she was taking on a human form? Well she'd be beautiful, of course, because seals are beautiful. She also would be looking around with wide eyed wonder, not straying too far from her seal coat because it's what she has to have to turn back. No selkie wants to stay human.

No comments: